Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Weekend Warrior

After getting home from my recent trip to England, the past week or so has been a total whirlwind. Between going straight back to work the next day and having an amazing weekend of celebrating Jeff's birthday and shooting with the wonderful Devinne of Mox and Socks, it's been a little hard to find the time to write up a post or two about my Cambridge adventure. I had such an incredible time visiting England for the first time that I want these posts to be perfect, which (for me) makes it harder to get started.
So far, October has been everything I expected it to be. After close to a decade in LA, my second year of seeing the leaves change and feeling the air turn crisp is just as exciting as the first one! I also really look forward to celebrations, and cooking special meals for those celebrations, so I was especially excited to pull out all the culinary stops for Jeff's birthday dinner this weekend. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed his celebration!

It is hard to express how much Jeff loves salmon.

On Sunday, I joined him for his early-morning walk, and once again, I was struck by how beautiful the neighborhood we live in is. We were out early enough to catch the golden early-morning light, and campus was deserted, which meant I gave in to the temptation of taking a few photos/nicely forcing Jeff to take a photo of me.

I'm wearing pants! But they're workout pants, so they don't really count…

I'm really looking forward to sharing the photos from my shoot with Devinne, as well as a few of the hundreds of photos I took in Cambridge. I don't even know how I'll begin to choose which photos to post: literally everything about both hanging out with Devinne and going to England was so exciting! October has definitely lived up to the hype thus far!

Follow this blog on:
Instagram@emily.hallock

3 comments:

  1. Omg, it was almost jarring to see you in workout gear (in a good way as you look great!). Looks like you're having a great fall! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hardly ever let myself be photographed in my silly workout threads, but for this post, I wanted to give a little peek into my not-so-fancy Sunday morning. Fall is definitely my favorite season!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying autumn in Chicago! It's really become a treat to walk Moxie after work and watch the leaves change colors each day. :-)

    ReplyDelete