Friday, May 4, 2018

How NOT to make a frittata

Disclaimer: I do realize this is my first post in over four months. I just don't have time at this particular moment to explain and apologize, and I'm feeling inspired by events that transpired in my kitchen approximately five minutes ago. Suffice it to say that working full-time with a new baby is as hard as everyone says, and this blog is not abandoned.

This is not my usual type of recipe. This, dear reader, is a brief recipe for confusion, slight embarrassment, and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Read on for my guide to making dinner when you're living in the point where laziness, tiredness, and incompetence intersect.

How not to make a frittata:

Step 1: take out your largest dishwasher-able bowl, to cut down on the number of things you have to clean.
Step 2: attempt to crack eggs on the side of the bowl instead of the counter, so that you don't have to clean the counter; make lots of noise while the baby is falling asleep.
Step 3: reevaluate your life choices/approach to eggs; realize you can mix them RIGHT IN THE SKILLET. (One less thing to wash!)
Step 4: crack one egg. Realize you need to turn on the oven once there is egg on your hands.
Step 5: summon husband to turn on the oven. When he asks what temperature, look confused before eventually responding with "375?"
Step 6: finish cracking eggs and mix with fork.
Step 7: realize dishwasher has clean dishes in it. Remove clean dishes and stick fork in dishwasher. Throw bowl from Step 1 in, just in case there are germs on it from the eggs you unsuccessfully banged against it.
Step 8: Dump cooked veggies into skillet in a heap. Realize you just put a fork into the dishwasher that you could've used to spread out the veggies, and just use the edge of the container the veggies were in.
Step 9: Shove skillet in the oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
Step 10: write blog post; eat!

trashy diva mardi gras annette
Dress: Trashy Diva
Sweater: Vivien of Holloway
Belt: Amazon
Boots: Bogs

So there you have it, folks: my first blog post since New Year's Eve. The photos may have nothing to do with the story I'm telling, and I *might* have disabused you of any notion that I approach cooking with anything resembling a plan, but c'est la vie. Keep an eye on this space for some actual life-y updates, outfits, and the like! For now, I gotta run: dinner's ready!


Follow this blog on:
Instagram@emily.hallock

4 comments:

  1. You are stinkin' adorable. I'm not sure if I've abandoned my blog or not....I have things to write - but life is too much fun right now to sit down and write. Who knows...I might go back to it. In the mean time, I thoroughly enjoyed this blog. Miss you, lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming, as usual, my friend. Glad to see you back...along with your usual sense of humor.
    Arik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogtown, lady! I thought I should welcome you back by nominating you for a blog award over on my blog ;) Whenever you have time, you should come and play!

    ReplyDelete

  4. From the interviews conducted with those close to Heath, it sounds like his failed relationship with Michelle Williams (also mother to his daughter Matilda) led him to rely on sleeping pills to combat his insomnia toward the end of his life. The couple started dating on the set of Brokeback Mountain, but the romance fell apart during Oscar season. "The whole machinery started growing up around them, said Terry Gilliam, director of Imaginarium. was the moment when it changed, when he realized Marlboro Red Cigarettes, Uh-oh. We perceive the world differently. He didn care about things like those awards Newport Cigarettes." What ensued was a legal battle in which Ledger "was trying to be decent and graceful, give her whatever she wanted," until custody of Matilda came into question Newport Cigarettes Carton Price.
    men leather cardholder

    ReplyDelete