Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Review: Midnight in Paris Streetcar

By now, I bet most of you know that I might be a Trashy Diva fanatic. I've fallen wildly in love with just about everything they've put out in the past two years, particularly the Wildflowers collection and my very favorite, Venice Nights. Given how much I absolutely loved Venice Nights, and how often I've worn it since it came out last year, I had high hopes for this year's travel print. And my goodness, Midnight in Paris did not disappoint!

trashy diva midnight in paris streetcar review

Now, at this point, you might be thinking 'but Emily, you never wear navy, and in fact, you sort of hate it!' And under normal circumstances, you'd be right. I didn't own a single navy item until this dress arrived. But the reality-bending powers of Trashy Diva are such that I'm hopelessly in love with this dress!

I realize that TD has already released a newer collection, the long-awaited Magenta Floral rerelease, but as I'm patiently waiting for my Magenta Floral exchange to arrive, I figured I'd take the opportunity to write a review of this print.

Choosing a piece from this collection was a total no-brainer for me: I had to go with the Streetcar dress. As much as I love my Wildflowers Streetcar, this one might be even better. It's stretch rayon, people. And I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating: TD's stretch rayon is magic! (Maybe it's the leftover pregnancy hormones, but I have extra strong feelings about this dress, which is why there are so many italicized words in this post.) I went with a size 10, and thanks to the stretch, it's a great fit on my postpartum 40ish-31"self.

trashy diva midnight in paris streetcar

I knew I'd accessorize this dress with red, because that's my go-to accent hue, but after seeing how my friend Kelley styled hers (a mustard Emmy Designs cardigan with red belt over the waist), I went for the primary-color trifecta. This Vivien of Holloway Jenny cardigan merits its own review post, as it's the perfect cropped cardigan to wear to work over scandalous necklines, but for now, I'll just say that it gave me exactly the look I was going for and I'll leave it at that.

Taking these photos was almost as exciting as the dress itself. After six weeks of round-the-clock catering to the needs of my tiny, precious tyrant, I find myself appreciating those times when I get to do normal things more than I ever could've dreamed. (Case in point: I went to the store and the gym yesterday and it was the highlight of my week! Even showering has become exciting.) The baby is starting to settle into a slightly more predictable routine, though, so I expect it'll only get easier to carve out some time here and there for errands and even (gasp!) non-baby fun.

trashy diva midnight in paris streetcar dress
trashy diva midnight in paris streetcar dress review

While this isn't the most nursing-friendly style Trashy Diva offers, I'm glad I chose this one. Here's hoping they'll release more stretch-rayon Streetcars in future collections! In the meantime, I'm eyeing the Midnight in Paris Helena and trying to convince myself that it's ok to double up on this print as long as I order it during TD's Black Friday sale ;). What's on your Black Friday radar?

Follow this blog on:
Instagram@emily.hallock

2 comments:

  1. You look so amazing and happy! Glad you got to go out into civilization even for just a short time! Glad to hear P is doing well and everyone is happy and adjusting to new way of life!

    Love this on you - you’re all a glow!

    I’m focusing on BAIT Footwear and PUG this year for Black Friday as my bridesmaids will all be in BAIT and PUG. Some of them are grabbing their dress if it’s in PUGs sale and all of them are getting their shoes early to take advantage of the sale. GO TEAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Emmy!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete