Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Life Update: Very Pregnant

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend! I've spent the past four days in an absolute whirlwind of activity: shopping for baby things, organizing her room, doing a ridiculous amount of laundry, and even sneaking in a bit of fun with my mom here and there. She heads home tomorrow and I'm already sad about it. (Jeff has stocked up on tissues in anticipation.)

Emily and Fin Vintage-Inspired Vim A-Line Dress green
This is another post brought to you by my mom's photography skills! We popped outside on Sunday to snap a few photos and I even convinced her to hop into a photo or two with me.


I picked up this dress from Emily and Fin in a recent Modcloth sale for 60% off, and I'm absolutely delighted to own it at last. Green is my absolute favorite color of all time, and this grass hue is so vibrant and works well with the pink and yellow in the print. I sized up one size and it fits comfortably above my ever-more-massive baby bump.

And let me tell you, all those books/blogs/websites weren't kidding when they said things change rapidly in the final few weeks of pregnancy! I've been so lucky to have an easy time of things so far, healthwise, but in the past week or so, everyday actions have become exponentially more challenging.

When you're 35 weeks pregnant, every dress is a high-low hem dress!
Emily and Fin Lulu green floral dress

Exhibit A: I meant to wear sandals with straps with this dress, but around Week 34 of this pregnancy, buckling and tying shoes went from 'difficult' to 'literally the hardest thing I've ever had to do.' I don't think my belly's gotten that much bigger, but it just feels like there's a lot more stuffed in there now! I keep telling Jeff that I can't bend down because I no longer have a hinge, so to speak, and it really feels true.

I've also started getting fatigued really early in the day, and after comparatively little activity. Usually I'm all about getting things done, whether it's drafting blog posts, doing an epic amount of laundry, or knocking out errands on my day off. But much like the second and third months of pregnancy, the end of the eighth month has me on the express train to Fatiguesville, making stops at Lazytown and West Laying on the Couch Junction. The ligaments under my belly seem like they're stretched to the max, and after just a few minutes of standing or a short while of walking around, they hurt like nobody's business. Given this, I've spent a lot of time sitting down with my feet up. And as I finally noticed swelling in my hands and feet over the weekend, I suppose all this time I'm spending off my feet is a good thing.

Emily and Fin Lulu green floral dress

In any case, I'm much more prepared for the baby than I was five days ago, thanks to my mom! We've put the bassinet together, gotten so many necessary baby things, washed seemingly all the sheets, towels, and onesies ever produced, and ordered a car seat at last! Once I've picked out (and assembled) a dresser, crib, and stroller, we will be 100% in business and ready for baby! If you have any recommendations for strollers, drop me a line in the comments! In the meantime, I'll be here on the couch, trawling through a zillion reviews and combing Amazon for baby stuff in between all the sleeping ever!

Follow this blog on:
Instagram@emily.hallock

18 comments:

  1. Wow this dress is gorgeous! You are abosolutely glowing in these photos! Green is most definitely your colour.

    Unfortunately I don't have any children of my own so am unable to offer any advice, congratulations though and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy (:

    Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place I can think of for Strollers is Argos, although I'm not sure you have it in the States... :D I also love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 60% off is the kind of saving that I live for! Great bargain hunting, girl! I am so glad that you had such an enjoyable time with your Mum and that she's been helping you out so much in preparation for the little one's imminent arrival! You've been glowing throughout your pregnancy and this dress is another perfect addition to your wardrobe!

    Abbey πŸŒΈπŸ’• http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! Green is one of my favourite colours too, it's just so fresh and summery and looks gorgeous on you. Love the flowers in your hair too.
    Congrats on your pregnancy and look forward to seeing lots of baby pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post including the photos of you and your mom! It's so nice to read about you're pregnancy update, so excited for you! I wish I could recommend some strollers for you but I'm sure even if I did, I wouldn't know if you'd have it Since I'm in the U.K.

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk / www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing in these, the dress is gorgeous on you, I love the pattern! The only place other than Argos that I can think of for strollers is Mama & Papas or Babyland. You must be so excited now, best wishes,
    Zara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations with your pregnancy! You look amazing and I love your dress!
    xoxo Annaleid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I'm so excited for you. I loved reading this post, even if you are having a more difficult time. It will soon be over and I'm sure it will be all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, this blog made me tired! :p

    Good news is....YOU ARE A STUNNING PREGNANT BEAUTY!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. MASSIVE congratulations with your pregnancy! I can't wait to follow all of your lovely floral print maternity outfits. Especially if it's a bargain hunt. You look amazing doll. Monica @ thewongblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress is stunning as always! Ahhh that's so exciting getting everything ready, it's getting so close! I can imagine buckles are impossible with your lovely bump! Make sure to take it easy, you and the little one deserve it!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is absolutely stunning and what a bargain with 60% off! That's amazing! Good luck for when the baby comes x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is gorgeous! I wish you all the best with the birth of your baby xx

    - Lauren

    www.laurenannbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress is beautiful! Not long left to go now, how exciting. Crazy to think there will soon be a small person in that bassinet xx

    Jay / jayxoblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is so pretty and 60% off is a great deal! Good luck with the birth of your baby!

    Eleanor May | www.eleaanormay.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress looks amazing on you ! I wish you all the best with the birth of your baby !
    Have a great day !
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dress looks gorgeous on you! Wishing you all the best with the arrival of the baby, I guess you must be quite excited now x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh how incredibly exciting!
    That dress is beautiful and you look amazing in it!
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete