Saturday, August 27, 2016

Guest Post: One Tall Tiki Drink

Hey all! Today I have a very special guest for all of you: the fabulous Penny Snark of The Sconnie Sling and I have teamed up for a post exchange, to share our thoughts on the new tiki Little Jun. She's a fabulous lady and an excellent writer (so much joie de vivre!), has an excellent sense of humor, and her brow game is seriously amazing. I'm especially excited because her post on body positivity has been a huge inspiration to me, and really summed up a lot of my own thoughts and experiences on my own journey to a more body-positive existence. Thank you so much, Penny! -- Emily

Hello there! I’m Penny Snark of The Sconnie Sling, and I’m busting into Emily’s petite world today to bring you the view from up here. Emily and I have been Instagram buddies for a while now, so when I discovered that we both were ordering the mint tiki Little Jun, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to collaborate!

I’ll admit that I was a little nervous about ordering the Little Jun skirt from Pinup Girl Clothing. After all, “little” is right there in the name, and at a curvy 5’9”, that’s not a word that anyone would use to describe me! (Most people go right to Amazon…) But the mint tiki print was too beautiful for me to resist, so I finally took the leap…

And I’m glad I did! As I mentioned above, I’m a tall lady, but I definitely don’t feel like Little Jun is too short on me. It does hit just above my knees, which I know is a dealbreaker for a lot of gals. Personally, I don’t mind, and I like having a slightly more flirty option than the lovely but occasionally overwhelming Jenny skirt. The box pleats give Jun a lot of body without a lot of bulk, making her a great option for work.


I also wasn’t sure how the curved waistband would hit me, but I think I like it! It’s definitely a different look than other skirts I have, but I like how such a small detail can really up the visual interest of the piece.


The fit of this piece is great, thanks to the elastic panels in the waistband. It allows for a nice, snug fit without feeling like you’re slowly being crushed. If you’re between sizes or on the far lower end of a size, you might be able to get away with sizing down, but otherwise I’d recommend sticking with your normal size.


To play up the pink, I accessorized with a lovely flamingo brooch, pink earrings, and this beautiful tropical flower from Belle Blossoms!

As long as you don’t mind a flirty hint of knee (goodness gracious), the Little Jun is definitely wearable for taller ladies! I'm already drooling over the spiderweb print for Halloween - I'll 100% be adding more of these versatile skirts to my wardrobe.


If you’re thinking, “that’s all very well and good for you, Amazon, but I’m short!” then you’re in luck! Just head over to The Sconnie Sling to read Emily’s review of the mint tiki Little Jun from a petite perspective.

Follow this blog on:
Instagram: @emily.hallock
Twitter: @ThoroughlyMLE

No comments:

Post a Comment